Pages

Moody Style: Sparkles and Stripes


I love the look of pattern mixing especially on some of my favorite bloggers like Lisa, Lily, and Tara.  I’ve been able to dabble in mixing pattern here and there, but not nearly as much as I would like.  Unfortunately, I don’t have a chance to experiment at work because I usually wear lots of suits.   So, I usually let loose with my outfits on my days off from work and on the weekends, like I did here with today’s OOTD.  I’ve seen this polka-dot sequin top just about everywhere and I had to grab it when it went on sale (I know, I’m still shopping, but that’s a whole other topic for another day). Have any of you tried to pair polka dots with stripes? Let me know in the comments.

Shirt: Ralph Lauren Button-down shirt (old); Shirt: J.Crew Polka-Dot Sequin Top;
Earrings: Anthropologie Vintagette Glamour Posts; Jeans: Banana Republic Skinny Straight Jeans;
Watch: Coach Boyfriend Bracelet Watch; Shoes: Coach Lynne Pump

4 comments:

  1. I love pattern mixing too:)! It's a great way to add depth to your outfit! I would love it if you could check out my blog and let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! You know, I was eyeing the striped sequined tee from Jcrew today just because it's on super-sale, and was just thinking about how to wear sequins for daytime. Well, this is a great example of how to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from jcrewismyfavstore.com :-) I love the fun and freedom of mixing prints, and your dots + stripes combination is both sophisticated and fun. I absolutely adore your sequin top!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign