Pages

Moody Style: Need More Time?


Do you ever felt like there’s never enough time in the day to get everything done?  I’ve been feeling exactly like this for the past month now and it’s overwhelming to say the least.  I work five days a week and I work anywhere between 40-45 hours a week. During the week, I even try to workout several days in addition to maintaining some sort of a social life. By the time I get home most nights, it’s usually after 7pm and when I’m finally completely settled in after cooking dinner, taking a shower, catching up with family/friends via phone it’s usually after 9pm. When I have a moment to watch television and check emails, I sometimes don’t have time to update my blog on a regular basis. I try very hard to post something on my blog at least several days out of the week, but I’m finding it more and more difficult lately.  For the past week or so, I’ve noticed that I’ve been putting more pressure on myself to blog more and it’s exhausting.  Sometimes I have to remind myself of the reasons why I started my blog in the first place. I initially started this blog because I needed a creative way to express myself outside of my day job.  Now don’t get me wrong, this blog is my hobby and I have fun working on it.  I just wish I had more time in the day to do more.   Does anyone else feel like you need more time in the day?  For my fellow bloggers, how do you manage to get everything done in the day and still find time to blog?  Do any of you feel any pressure to blog on a regular basis? Let me know in the comments.

Shirt: J. Crew Naomi Top; Pants: Banana Republic Jackson Wide Leg Pants;
Belt: Anthropologie Brocade Ribbon Belt; Earrings: Coach Pave Stud Earrings;
Necklace: Anthropologie Binu’s Necklace; Watch: Coach Boyfriend Bracelet Watch
Shoes: Coach Delanie Heel




6 comments:

  1. I definitely understand how you feel. I feel like I neglect my blog all the time. With everything I do daily....and the family I am constantly tending to, my little blog takes a back seat and BAD. I think you do a great job...I however have gone way too long without a post. And if I have the written material my challenge then is finding time for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MommyStiletto! I struggle with taking pictures on a regular basis. I take them myself, so I really have to plan them out ahead of time.

      Delete
  2. I love your blog but I understand the lack of time in the course of a week, let alone in a day. I would love to start my own blog but work, kids, family life and daily tasks limit my time so I admire those who do take the time for their blog(s), whatever the motivation. I subscribe to all kinds of blogs and don't have time to READ them all on a daily basis so I definitely can understand not having the time to write on a daily basis. If there is no new info on the blogs that I read, I just move on and hope to come back at a later time for a new discussion, information or entertainment. My opinion is that it is ok if you don't provide new info every day...hopefully, that just means that you will have extra news when you come back online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rashawnda! I completely agree with you regarding not having enough time to read all of the blogs. I've subscribed to so many of them over the past 2 years and I can't read them all. I always find myself missing out on some helpful information and some great giveaways.

      Delete
  3. Some of the best advice I was given when I started blogging was to cut myself a break. I do feel pressured to update daily so my posts are often outfits of days or weeks before. I try to set aside one day a week to catch up on emails/commenting/scheduling posts and it has helped alleviate some of that stress.

    I will say that you made this mint top look great! Seriously - paired with the cream pants and your cognac belt I just love it and it shys away from looking like you're missing summer. You're gorgeous Doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skylette...this is really helpful advice! I'm definitely going to implement the one day a week idea for emails and commenting.

      Delete

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign