Pages

Moody Style: Double-Booked!


Have you ever inadvertently made plans for multiple events for the same exact time?  It’s never happened to me before, but I finally did it a few days.  I made dinner plans with a group of friends from my old job about a week and a half ago.  While doing so, I totally forgot that I made plans with another friend about a month ago when she told me that she was coming to town to visit family.  I only realized it when my friend sent a text that she made reservations for her family and me for a 7:00pm dinner.  The other group later sent an email they we had reservation for dinner at 7:30pm.  Yikes right? I thought that I was going to have to cancel one of the dinners, but I made a few phone calls instead.  Lucky for me everything worked itself out.  I was able to call and text my old co-workers and asked for the time to be pushed to an earlier time.  I was able to convince the girls that we’d be missing out on some great happy hour specials if we went so late.  Everyone happily agreed to change the dinnertime to 5:30pm.  I also ended up calling my friend and told her I would be about an hour late to meet her and her family.  So, I was able to have drinks and an appetizer with the first group and then made it to dinner with the second group around 8:00pm.  Surprisingly, I wasn’t late either.  The restaurant was extremely busy and the group had just ordered their meals before I walked in.  Have you ever been double-booked?  If so, what did you do to get yourself out of that situation?  I'd love to hear all about it in the comments.


Shirt: Old Navy Short-Sleeved Sweater; Skirt: J. Crew No. 2 Pencil Skirt;
Belt: J. Crew Patent Leather Skinny Belt; Earrings: Pearls (gifted);  
Watch: Coach Boyfriend Bracelet Watch; Shoes: Banana Republic Shauna OT Pump



6 comments:

  1. love the watch! also glad that you got yourself out of the double-booked situation
    kw, Ladies in Navy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! And, yes, I've definitely double-booked before. You're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rynetta! I'm glad that I'm not alone...it's definitely not a good feeling!

      Delete
  3. You look nice; I've got to get some more 'yellow' in my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign