Pages

Fresh Picks to Follow – Brake for Brocade


I hope that you all are having a great weekend.  I’ve just been relaxing at home and hanging out with friends, but I sure wish I were in New York City for Fashion Week.  I can’t wait to see all of the fashion trends slated for spring 2013.  Have any of you checked out the “Live From the Runway” feature on YouTube? You can watch your favorite designers live or watch the replay.  I guess in the meantime, I’ll focus on all of fashion trends for the fall season.  There are enough of them to keep us busy.  This week I’m going to focus on the Brocade trend. Brocade is also known as “embossed cloth” and is traditionally woven on a draw loom.  This trend involves very ornate and richly embellished woven fabrics.  This fall, fashion designers like Marni, Jason Wu and Proenza Schouler, have created everything from metallic jacquard dress to foil brocade shorts.  These designers have taken this intricately complex pattern and added a modern twist to this traditional trend.  For this week’s Fresh Picks to Follow, here are my top 10 ways to incorporate lavish brocade fabrics in your closet.  What do you think about this trend?  Let me know in the comments.

1. BB Dakota - Classic Stunner Dress in Brocade…$99.99
2. Stella McCartney - Brocade Platform Pump…$830.00
3. Alice + Olivia - Pleated Brocade Dress…$495.00
4. Zara – Brocade Trousers…$59.90
5. J. Crew - Ella Dress in Floral Brocade...$188.00
6. RED Valentino - Metallic Brocade Shorts…$320.00
7. Jason Wu - Little Emperor Brocade Loafer…$690.00
8. ASOS - Premium Midi Bell Skirt…$68.98
9. Marni - Floral Cotton-blend Brocade Top…$950.00
10. J. Brand - 811 Mid-Rise Skinny Leg…$242.00
xoxo Natasha


1 comment:

  1. I loved both dresses :) The pants are really cute too, I can already imagine them with a chunky sweater!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign