Pages

Fresh Picks to Follow – Perfect Pleats


Another trend that is pretty big this spring is pleats.  Pleats create fullness in a garment and it enhances a woman’s movement especially in skirts and dresses.  A pleat is a type of fold formed by doubling fabric back upon itself and securing it in place.  Pleats are typically used in shirts, skirts, trousers and dresses.  And there are several different types of pleats like the knife pleat, accordion pleat, box pleat and honeycomb pleat to name a few.

When I was younger, I hated to wear my pleated tartan plaid skirt to school everyday.  As I’ve gotten older, I’ve learned to appreciate pleated clothing because they are feminine and flattering.  But the one thing I don’t like about the pleats is that they are extremely hard to iron.  The best solution for pressing out your pleats is to take a trip to the dry cleaner for perfect pleats.  Anyways, here are my top 10 pleated pieces for this week’s Fresh Picks to Follow.  Do you have a favorite piece of pleated clothing?  Let me know! 

2. Anthropologie – Broken Pleats Skirt…$79.95
3. Elie Tahari – Morgan Skirt…$398.00
4. Anthropologie - Mod Garden Dress…$198.00
5. Forever 21 - Polka Dots & Pleats Top…$17.80
6. Talbots - Eva Satin Dress…$169.00
7. Burberry Prorsum – Pleat Front Heritage Skirt…$895.00
8. White House Black Market – Pleated Collar Leather Jacket…$199.99
9.  Banana Republic - Vanessa Pleated Halter Top…$69.50
10. Tibi - Pleated Dress with Beading…$880.00
xoxo Natasha

3 comments:

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign