Pages

Moody Style: It’s a Shirr Thing

I just got back home from my fourth sewing class and I’m having a blast.  I’m still amazed with how much work goes into each item of clothing.  My first project we worked on was a tote bag that I plan to finish up this weekend.  I just have to add the straps and then I’ll share my creation with all of you.  It’s not a great tote bag, but I’m proud that I made it.  In tonight’s class, we class moved on to our second project – an apron.  We started cutting out our patterns for the apron of our choice.  I’m pretty excited about this project because I’ve always tempted to pick up an apron from Anthropologie when they go on sale.  However, I never pulled the trigger because I could always find other things to buy instead.  Anyways, I found a fabulous vibrant blue and yellow floral fabric for my apron and I can’t wait to share it with you all.  My pattern is pretty simple, but it does require shirring the skirt.  That part may be a little tricky.  I guess we’ll see soon enough.  Do any of you know how to sew? Have you made anything recently?


{Shirt: Anthropologie Loosely Looped Tee;
Skirt: Anthropologie Shirr & Pleat Pencil Skirt;
Earrings: Pearls (gifted);
Belt: Banana Republic Patent Skinny Belt (buy here);
Shoes: Nine West Mary Jane Heels}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign