Pages

Moody Girl Eats: Soy-Dijon Flounder

I haven’t been cooking lately, because I have just been so busy with work and training for my half marathon.  Now that I’m on vacation, I was finally able to cook last night.  I didn’t look up any recipes because I wanted to be creative.  I wanted to use the ingredients that I had on hand.  My two main ingredients included Dijon mustard and soy sauce.  After I looked in my spice cabinet, I pulled brown sugar to sweeten the mixture and rice wine vinegar.  I really didn’t know how this was going to turn out, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I used the mixture on a package of frozen founder.  I served the fish with jasmine rice and green beans.  I was pretty proud of myself…it turned out really good.  I tried to create a recipe below , if you want to try to make it at home.  I would adjust the ingredients to match your personal taste.  Bon Appétit!

Soy-Dijon Marinade
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
4 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
2 tablespoons of cooking white wine
2-3 dashes of hot sauce (optional)





Whisk all of the ingredients together and adjust to taste.  Use as a glaze or bake the fish in the entire mixture.  

4 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I haven't eaten fish in like forever. Most likely because my husband is not a fish person but I'll have to do something to change that! There's just something about a flaky fish filet that makes my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mustard is one of my fave condiments - mustard on anything must be good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all of this- including the fish, so I want to give this a try. Thanks for posting. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never used mustard on anything for the longest time, but I love it now. The recipe is a rough estimate of what I used...just taste it as you go! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign