Pages

Fresh Picks to Follow: Ikat Prints

Happy Friday Everyone!  I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend lined up.  I’m still recovering from last weekend, so I plan on relaxing and catching up on sleep over the next two days.

My Fresh Picks to Follow for this week features ikat patterns.  This trend is everywhere right now and it comes in many colors.  I have to admit, I wasn’t a big fan of this pattern until recently.  I have grown to pretty fond of the blurred prints and bright colors.  Did you know that ikat is a craft practiced in Indonesia, India and South America? According to Wikipedia, ikat, (pronounced ee-kaht) is a dyeing technique used to pattern textiles that employs a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft fibers. The defining characteristic of ikat is the dyeing of patterns, by means of bindings, into the threads before cloth construction. Do you have any ikat patterns in your home?  I currently don’t own any ikat patterns in my clothing or my home, but I plan to incorporate this fantastic pattern real soon.   Check out my top 10 ikat patterns for this week’s Fresh Pick to Follow. 


1. Juicy Couture – Ikat Dress…$158.00

2. Anthropologie – Wakeful Ikat Sheet Set…$128.00

3. Ann Taylor – Knit Ikat Trance Cowl Neck Dress…$69.99

4. Urban Outfitters – Slipper Chair - Indigo Ikat…$328.00

5. Banana Republic – Silk Ikat Twist-Strap Dress…$99.99

6. Anthropologie – Cooled Ikat Pillow…$68.00

7. Banana Republic – Silk Ikat Pencil Skirt...$29.99

8. Anthropologie - Ikat Mini Bowl…$8.00

9. Theodora & Callum – Ikat Scarf in Blue Multi…$175.00

10. Old Navy –  Women's Tie-Shoulder Tiered Sundresses…$34.50
OXOX Natasha
 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love Ikat prints :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...I need to get a couple of pieces soon. My sister told me yesterday that she got the skirt from Banana Republic (#7) for $6.00 after a pretty big sale.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign