Pages

Race Recap: Memorial Day 5k

I ran in a Memorial Day 5k on Monday, May 30, 2011 at 8:00am.  I woke up around 6:30am to eat breakfast, hydrate with some water and stretch with plenty of time to spare before the race.  There were 1019 total race finishers and 533 female finishers.   My official chip time was 29:24.  I was a little disappointed about my stats since I wanted my time to decrease from the previous race.  However, I have learned that my time may decrease after some more races and practice runs.  I have to learn to be patient and not force it right away. 

This race was fairly large considering it was in a smaller nearby town.  There was a local running group that hosted and dominated this race.  This race was pretty easy.  Most of the course was flat, except for a small hill in the last mile.  There were plenty of water stations and community support throughout the court.  Unfortunately, there were no race clocks on the course to help me gauge my time.  I definitely need to buy a stop watch to help me along in my races.  I’m hoping that having a watch may help me speed up my pace and eventually decrease my time.  Well, there is always something that happens in my races that I think affects how well I do.  And this race was no different.  During the last ¾ of a mile, my iPod just stalled and would not reboot.  Has this ever happened to you?  I have grown so accustomed to listening to music and zoning out while I run, that I was distracted by everything around me.   I’m thinking about getting one of those iPod shuffles just for running.  Do any of you have one of these?  Let me know how you like it.
OXOX Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign