I’m so excited to finally share this post with you. I was recently inspired by Arhaus to share a post on my ideal dream dressing room mood board along with a few design tips! I’m no where close to being an interior designer, but I do love putting together mood boards to illustrate some ideas I have about my dream home. I currently live in an apartment, so most of you understand that I’m in desperate need of an upgrade from my small walk-in closet to a boutique-inspired room complete with extra seating, stylish lighting and other luxuries. And although I won’t be moving into my perfectly spacious closet any time soon, a girl is never too old to keep dreaming right? Anyways, if you’re contemplating a closet upgrade or simply just daydreaming about it, here are 5 tips to keep in mind when creating your new space:
1. Mirrors: Be sure to add mirrors and/or mirrored doors to the space because it adds light to the room and also provides views from every angle while getting dressed. The right mirror can add a little character to the space as well. I love how this one has a distressed finish creating a vintage style to this closet.
2. Incorporate an Island: If you have extra space in your closet, then try to incorporate an island in the space. An island makes a statement in any room, especially a closet since it’s rare to see. You can have one built in or use a dresser or chest like these here. The dresser I picked out below has the right details to transform a typical closet into a stylish sanctuary. It also has additional drawers for storage and space to lay out clothing for a better view when packing or organizing.
3. Jewelry and Accessories Station: Take inspiration from your favorite stores or boutiques to display your collection of clutches and handbags, statement necklaces, bracelets, earrings and shoes. Adding displays like a mannequin, a rolling rack, a jewelry armoire or an open bookcase for your shoes are perfect ways to create a unique and sophisticated space.
4. Seating Arrangement: In order for your walk-in closet to be truly functional and enjoyable, you’ll need proper seating. An ottoman or an armchair is the perfect solution. You can lay out outfits on the ottoman or sit on the chair to get your shoes on. It’s also an easy way to bring color into your closet to make it feel like every other room in the home
5. Proper Lighting: Light fixtures in closets are necessary especially when they lack natural lighting. Finding the right outfit by making sure the colors match and/or making sure that your outfit isn’t too sheer requires proper lighting. Go for an elegant style if you want to replicate a celebrity-style closet. Adding a chandelier like any of these here will certainly do just the trick.
Well, there you have it. Check out some of my favorite pieces from Arhaus for my dream dressing room below. What would your dream dressing room look like? Do you already have one? Let me know if you have any other furniture suggestions for this room.
DANCER PRINT 1 (Arhaus) / DANCER PRINT 2 (Arhaus) / KATHERINE CHANDELIER (Arhaus) / PORTER SMALL WHITE MIRROR (Arhaus) / Costway Female Mannequin Torso Dress Form / Marbled Bead Necklace / Kiara Crystal Back Open Toe Pump / Oliver Mirror Screen 3 Panel Room Divider / Metal Twig Jewelry Holder / Single Wick Candle / 7 Drawer Jewelry Armoire / Carrson Sandal / Perry Pillow-Top Ottoman / Nebula 80-inch Storage Unit / Tory Burch York Small Buckle Tote
2-Piece Kaila Mirrored Vanity & Stool Set / Deluxe 2-Piece 3 Drawer Cosmetic Organizer Set / Telsa d'Orsay Pointy Toe Pump / MCKENNA FLATWEAVE RUG (Arhaus) / Faux Pink Peony / Rajata Antiqued Metal Vases / PARKHAM BLUETABLE LAMP (Arhaus)/ ISLA MIRRORED 7 DRAWER ACCENT CHEST (Arhaus) / BOHO BLACK APPLIQUE SQUARE PILLOW (Arhaus) / Antoinette Classic French Accent Chair
This blog post was written in partnership with Arhaus. All opinions are 100% my own.Also, this post contains affiliate links. Thanks for helping support Moody Girl In Style!