Pages

Moody Style: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale – Fitting Room Reviews

Alright friends - it’s time for me to share my 2018 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Fitting Room Reviews.  This is one of my favorite posts to write because I get to share with you some of my favorite sale items and some of my purchases that I’ve made so far.  And I have to say, this year Nordstrom has some fabulous pieces available to spruce up your fall wardrobe. I think you’re going to like shopping it this year.

The first day of the sale was a complete blur filled with early morning online orders, uploading a blog post with my top picks and eventually shopping for a few hours in my local Nordstrom. I even recorded a dressing room try on haul so I could share it with you guys the first day of the sale. Were you able to check it out on my Instagram Stories? Right now, I’m pretty sure that I bought everything I wanted and so far no orders have been cancelled yet, so that’s a good sign.

Anyways, I’ve rounded up everything that I tried on and a few things that I bought complete with a review of each item. Almost everything I picked up during this sale is under $100, with the exception of this pink blazer that I ordered online. If you have a chance, check out my previous posts HERE to see more Anniversary Sale goodies and keep your eye out for future posts.  Okay – let’s get started with the review!





IMPORTANT – If something is sold out completely or just sold out in your size, make sure you check the Nordstrom site every so often. Sizes come and go based on items being released from other people’s cart, returns or just being restocked. This happens throughout the sale, so be sure to keep track of your favorite products.



BP. Raw Edge V-Neck Tee ($11.90) (orig $17) // comes in 6 colors!
Fit: true to size. I picked up a small in the white, pink cedar liz stripe and ivory liz stripe. 
If you need a good basic tee, then this is the one to get. The price point is perfect at $11.90 and it's a definite must-have to add to your closet. You can wear it by itself or layer it for just about every season! (Note: I kept the same tee on in several of the photos below.)

Trouvé Rib Overlap Cardigan ($52.90) (orig $79)
Fit: true to size. I’m wearing the small.
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale has so many amazing cardigans this year and the price points are perfect because they range anywhere from $31.90 to a little over $99.90. This oversized ribbed cardigan is so cozy and will be perfect for the fall.  The fit is great and I'm obsessed with the light blue color.  This sweater is a little on the heavier side which is fine for me since I get cold pretty easily.  It also has a really unique back detail that adds a little something different.

Articles of Society Sarah Skinny Jeans ($41.90) (orig $64)
Fit: true to size. I’m wearing the size 29.
I've never been one to spend too much money on jeans and I'm not sure that I ever will.  I always seem to find a pair that either discounted in some or on major clearance. Articles of Society jeans are one of my favorite denim brands at Nordstrom.  I own several pairs from this brand and I love the way they fit. They are a little stretchy and super comfortable and you can't beat the price for these high quality jeans.  I picked up this black pair of jeans because you can never have too many black jeans and the color is a perfect black.  


Trouvé Menswear Blazer ($99.90) (orig $149) 
Fit: true to size. Tried on the small and it fit perfectly in the shoulder and arms. 
This blazer is an oversized double-breasted style piece that would be perfect for work or play.  In my opinion, this blazer fits true to size and it fits perfectly in my shoulder and arm area. I love the houndstooth pattern of this jacket because the fall colors, but overall I didn't love it.  The price is a little high for this jacket and the overall fit isn't the most flattering to my body.


Chloe & Katie Crop Track Pants ($29.90) (orig $45) // comes in 2 colors!
Fit: true to size. I'm normally wear a 6 or an 8 in my pants. I bought a large and it has a little room in my waist and thighs. 

These track pants are perfect jogger pants that you can easily dress up or dress down.  These pants has a little thicker material with a little sheen on them to appear dressier.  I love this look with the blazer and heels for the office or a girls night out.


Topshop Long Open Front Cardi ($49.90) (orig $75) // comes in 4 colors!
Fit: runs large order one size down. I'm wearing the size 4 US in the rose color.  
I'm a little obsessed with this sweater and now I'm kicking myself for not getting it in the oat color.  It's so comfy and soft and would be perfect for fall.  The only bad thing I can say about this sweater is that it doesn't have any pockets, but I'm totally okay with that! It will definitely be the "IT" sweater for the season. 

Kut from the Kloth Donna Ankle Skinny Jeans ($59.90) (orig $89.50)
Fit: true to size. I’m wearing the size 29.
These jeans are comfortable and flattering to my curvy figure.  They have the perfect amount of stretch to them and they are have just the right amount of weight to them - not too thick and not too thin.  I haven't bought these yet, because I ordered a few other pairs to try on.  If the other jeans don't work, then I'll probably pick these up to add to my wardrobe. 


Madewell Ryder Cardigan ($64.90) (orig $98) // comes in 3 colors!
Fit: runs large order one size down.  I tried on the small in the heather blossom. 
This Madewell sweater was a big hit last year and it's a fan favorite again this year. It is extremely soft and comfortable.  It does run a little on the larger side, but it would be perfect for layering.  I didn't pick up this sweater for myself, but it's a good one if you need another oversized cardigan


Socialite Thermal Henley Top ($24.90) (orig $) // comes in 4 colors!
Fit: true to size. I picked up a small in the oatmeal and the soft rock and a medium in the camouflage. 
I missed out on a similar thermal top last year, so I wasn't going to miss out on this year's version.  This thermal is a great basic that will be perfect for cooler weather in the fall. The fabric is really soft and for the most part fits true to size.  I found that the camouflage print fit a little smaller than the solid colors, so size up for a more relaxed look. 


Rails Wren Stripe Dress ($111.90) (orig $168) 
Fit: true to size. I'm wearing a medium here.
I really wanted to love this dress because I didn't find too many cute casual dresses during the sale this year.  This dress runs true to size, but it runs a little too short for me.  It's a nice lightweight dress that would be perfect to wear now over the summer and then again later in the fall. 


Halogen Varsity Knit Cardigan ($59.90) (orig $89) // comes in 4 colors!
Fit: true to size. I tried on a small here. 
Love this classic varsity style cardigan.  It fits true to size and it's a great layering piece because it's not too heavy.  This cotton-blend cardigan comes in 4 colors and it fits true to size.  I passed on this one because I had so many other cardigans in my cart. 


Rails Hunter Plaid Shirt ($104.90) (orig $158.00) // comes in 6 colors!
Fit: runs a little small. Wearing a small here, but you can size up one for a slouchier fit. 
If you've followed me for a while now, then you know that I love myself a good plaid button-down shirt.  And this one is no exception...I love look and feel of this shirt. It's super soft and drapes perfectly over a pair of skinny jeans.  This one comes in 6 different colors that can be worn year round. The only negative about this top is the price, but if you love the brand then this one is perfect for you.  If you are still looking for a plaid top, but at a cheaper price, then try this one.  It on sale for $31.90 and you'll need to size down one size. 


BP. Ribbed Cardigan ($25.90) (orig $39) // comes in 2 colors!
Fit: runs slightly large. I tried on a small and an extra small and they fit about the same. 
This is a cute comfy top, but I didn't love it. For some reason the sleeves threw me off because the seam started in an awkward position. And the fit of the sleeves were a little hard to move  around in.  Just not a big fan of it, but it would be great for layering later this fall season.


Trouvé Side Slit Sweater ($45.90) (orig $69) // comes in 5 colors!
Fit: true to size. I'm wearing a small and I bought the tan burlwood pictured here. 
This sweater is so comfortable and it's the perfect length to wear with leggings or skinny jeans like I have here.  It also has a hint of cashmere mixed into the fabric, so it's also soft. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign