Pages

Moody Style: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Fitting Room Reviews (Part I)

Happy Saturday Friends! Did you all survive the first couple of days of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I have to admit - I didn't think that I was going to find as many things as I did this year, but boy was I wrong. On the first day of shopping, I was pretty satisfied with my initial purchase, but as the sale continues I keep finding more and more new pieces - like today I just discovered this top and this top. Between my online orders and my in-store purchases I'm going to need to attend a shopping anonymous meeting ASAP :)  Anyways, I wanted to share with you what I’ve picked up and all the items I tried on so far at my local Nordstrom store. 

Check out my photos below to see the links for each item I tried on along with size references and product reviews. And just as a reference I am 5’7 and 151 lbs. If you have any questions about sizing or about a particular item shown in this post, please let me know. I’ll be happy to help out!  Have you all bought anything from the sale yet? What are some of your favorites? Let me know what you think in the comments below! And if you have a chance, then check out my #NSale Top Picks in my previous post. Happy Shopping!!!!

Perfectly Victorian Minidress {Now: $109.90 / Reg: $168.00}
I've been obsessed with this dress ever since I saw one of my favorite bloggers wear it last year in a bright blue color.  So when I saw this one show up on the sale, I knew that I had to get it.  This is one of my favorite purchases from the sale so far and I'm sure you can see why.  This dress definitely has a boho vibe and the colors in the embroidery are just perfect for fall.  A great thing about this dress is that you can wear it now with some sandals and then later with some cute booties like these HERE. This dress will also pair well with a cardigan or a denim jacket to complete the look. As far as sizing goes, I think that this dress runs a little big and you can probably go down a size.  If you're tall and you need a little length, then you should go up a size.  I didn't try on a small because I was happy with the fit of the medium. This dress is also available in white. (size reference: medium) BOUGHT IT!


Easy Circle Cardigan {Now: $49.90 / Reg: $75.00}
This is another item that I'm pretty happy that I bought on Wednesday. I missed out on it last year because it sold out, so jumped at the chance to get one now.  It comes in maroon, dark grey, oatmeal and this beautiful blush color.  This cardigan is super soft and will compliment just about every outfit. I think the fit is true to size. (size reference: smallBOUGHT IT!

Asymmetrical Slipdress {Now: $35.90 / Reg: $55.00}
I loved the lace trim neckline of this dress and the asymmetrical hemline added a little flair to the traditional look of a slipdress.  This dress has a matte finished look to it and it's a curve-skimming dress.  So if you want the dress a little loose then size up. I tried on both the size 6 and the size 8 to see how different both dresses looked.  The size 6 dress was a perfect fit if you don't mind the showing your curves.  The size 8 dress was looser all around but gave a lot of extra fabric in the midsection.  So it really depends on how you like to wear your dresses (size reference: size 8)

Lace Trim Satin Camisole {Now: $22.90 / Reg: $35.00}
 I was really surprised how much I liked this camisole and you can't beat the price either.  The quality of this camisole is so good that it looks like you spent a lot more than $22. This camisole is a perfect layer piece for the fall too - it pairs well with so many cardigans and jackets. I liked this one so much that I bought it in both the black and the white color.  It also comes in green, but I figured that I'll get more wear out of the two colors.  The fit is true to size. (size reference: smallBOUGHT IT!


Distressed Girlfriend Jeans {Now: $58.90 / Reg: $88.00}
I completely overlooked these jeans on the first day of the sale, but I'm so glad that I found them. I fell in love with the fit of these jeans - they are not as baggy as a boyfriend fit and they are a little looser than a pair of skinny jeans.  And I love the distressing and the exposed hemline too.  I think these jeans run a little big, so I would size down like I did here. (size reference: size 28BOUGHT IT!


Lace Top {Now: $49.90 / Reg: $75.00}
This lace top is so pretty and I love it so much that I ended up buying it in both the pink and the white one. I'm just a little torn on which color I should keep. Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards keeping the pink one and I'm bummed that I forgot to take a picture of the white one.  The top has a neutral lining, but it's sheer above the yoke or the V portion of the top.  I think a nude bra or tank top would be perfect under this top if you need it. The fit is true to size. (size reference: smallBOUGHT IT!

Peplum Shirt {Now: $38.90 / Reg: $59.00}
I'm a sucker for anything peplum and stripes lately, so I just had to try on this shirt. This top comes in (2) other colors/prints and the fit is true to size.  This top is also offered in petite and plus sizes. Although this top didn't come home with me the other day, it may make its way later if the sizes are still available. (size reference: small)

 Pocket Long Sleeve Tee {Now: $18.90 / Reg: $29.00}
This long sleeve striped tee is perfect for layering.  I didn't think I needed to get any more striped tops, but I couldn't want to miss out on this one. This tee will look perfect with a scarf or just a light jacket for a cute fall look. This top is pretty light-weight and has a loose, slouchy fit that drapes perfectly.  The fabric in this tee is also really soft and it fits true to size.  It comes in (6) other colors including a white striped one, but it's the white one is sold out. However, I found a similar white one for $19 HERE. (size reference: smallBOUGHT IT!

Sarah Skinny Jeans {Now: $41.90 / Reg: $64.00}
You guys need to get these jeans!!! I have them in white and I've been wearing the heck out them this summer.  So these dark wash skinny jeans were a definite must have for me to bring me into the fall season If you're looking for a trendier pair of jeans without paying a high price tag, then these jeans will be perfect for you. The fit is true to size. (size reference: size 29BOUGHT IT!

Lace Detail Sweatshirt {Now: $45.90 / Reg: $69.00}
This top didn't come home with me, but it was very close.  This sweatshirt is just too cute and the fit was perfect.  It's a very soft terry knit pullover and it also comes in navy. This looks great with jeans and sandals for now and booties for later. (size reference: small)

Camo Tee {Now: $31.90 / Reg: $49.00}
If you've been around my blog long enough, then you know that I love me a camo print, so this top was a no-brainer. This t-shirt is super cute in person and I think it runs a little big. I was only able to try on a medium in this tee and it was huge on me.  I ordered it in a small, so I'll update this review with information about the fit.  I'm surprised this top isn't sold out yet, it's a perfect tee to wear now with some white jeans and then later a dark rinse pair of jeans. (size reference: mediumBOUGHT IT!


Stripe Wide Leg Jumpsuit {Now: $42.90 / Reg: $65.00}
When I saw this jumpsuit in the store I picked it up immediately to try it on.  I really hoped that the fit would work on me because I love the stripes and burgundy color.  Surprisingly, this jumpsuit fit me perfectly, but it just didn't make the cut when it I had to checkout.  Oh another thing to know about this jumpsuit is that the back is completely open, so you could add a cardigan over it or a t-shirt under it to wear it in an office setting. The fit is true to size based on the junior size chart. (size reference: small)






Linking up with these fabulous ladies:
Lauren of Fizz and Frosting Mix It Mondays
Grace of Color and Grace Link Up Party
Carylee of More Pieces of Me and Jenna of Sincerely Jenna Marie Hello Monday Link Up
Kileen of Cute & Little and Sandy of Sandy a la Mode On Trend Tuesdays Link Up
Roxanne of Glass of Glam and Sarah of Trendy & Tidy On Mondays We Link Up 


2 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen that lace trim camisole! Oh no!! I may have to make a second order...I am having too much fun seeing what other people found and it's giving me great reviews of items that weren't stocked in my own store!

    Virginia
    More to Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have obviously characterized the impediment to the sale and you would now be able to beat it. Your real answers will rely upon the sort of retail sales that you work in. What you ought to have prepared is a rundown of potential ways that you can address the customer's issues and make the item reasonable.sales call templates

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign