Are you ready for summer? I know that I am. So yesterday was the official first day of summer, but I’m not able to see or feel the difference. I’ve been summer ready for a few months now since I live in Florida. I don’t know about you, but when I was a kid I always used to look forward to the first day of summer. Growing up in Jersey it was just one of those things that I looked forwarded to each year. My summers were never filled with exotic vacations anywhere, but my sisters and I had the best time hanging out with our neighbors on the block or with family in Brooklyn, NY. One of the many reasons that I looked forward to summer is that I got to buy a couple new summer outfits each year. I remember my mom dressing my sisters and I up in some sort of nautical themed outfits and over the years it has stuck with me. Each summer I always end up finding at least one piece of clothing or accessory that reminds me of summer at sea. For this week’s Fresh Picks to Follow, here are my top 10 nautical pieces to get me ready for summer. Do you buy any specific outfits or pieces or accessories to get you ready for the summer? Let me know in the comments.
1. J. Crew - Collection Featherweight Cashmere Sailboat Sweater…$189.99
2. CWonder - Striped Knit Drawstring Dress…$68.00
3. By Malene Birger Gertrudi - Anchor Print Silk Trousers…$309.38
4. Valentino R.E.D. - Maritime-Style Dress…$479.00
5. Coach - Small Summer Charm Bracelet…$129.00
6. Delia’s - Stripe Sequin Anchor Tank…$24.50
7. Sperry Top-Sider - Anchors Away Short…$90.00
8. Talbots - Nautical Stripe Dress…$69.99
9. Anthropologie - Sailaway Circle Skirt…$39.99
10. ModCloth - Nautical on Me Dress…$94.99
Today, I’m linking up with AV’s Friday's Fancies over on Long Distance Loving. If you like what you see here, check AV’s blog for more summer clothing ideas.