Pages

Moody Style: Floral + Polka Dots

Have you mastered the art of pattern mixing?  I know that I haven’t yet.  I’m always worried that I’m going to mess up and look crazy in the end.  I’ve been able to pull off a few outfits here and there, but only after trying to replicate the same look from some of my fellow bloggers.

I know that some people have a hard time with this trend, so I came up with a couple quick tips that could be helpful avoid feeling silly when mixing patterns. From what I’ve seen so far, the key to mixing patterns it to mix different types of patterns together that vary in scale. For instance, wearing stripes with florals, plaids with stripes, and smaller polka dots with larger polka dots.  Another tip for successful pattern mixing is picking out some coordinating colors in the patterns or focusing on one base color in both patterns.  

And if mixing patterns is too much for you, you can also cheat a little bit like I did in today’s outfit.  When I saw the Beryl Skirt on the sale rack at Anthropologie, I knew I had to grab it because of the instant pattern mixing.   So go on and mix those patterns.  Let me know what you think about this trend in the comments.  Have you started incorporating pattern mixing into your wardrobe?

Sweater: Ann Taylor Loft (old); Shirt: Ann Taylor Loft (old); Skirt: Anthropologie Beryl Skirt;
Earrings: Poppy Flower Earrings; Necklace: Anthropologie Moon Leaves Necklace; Bracelet: Poppy Flower BraceletWatch: Coach Boyfriend Bracelet Watch; Shoes: Ralph Lauren Zabrina Heels


4 comments:

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign