Pages

Travel: Chicago Getaway

I had such a wonderful time in Chicago with one of my besties, M, and my sister, C.  I can’t wait to go back for another visit.  Here is a snapshot of my Memorial Day weekend in Chicago.  Have any of you gone to Chicago? If so, what was some of the highlights of your trip?  Anyways, here you go. Enjoy!

FRIDAY, MAY 25, 2012



M took C and I to the Magnificent Mile and we made our first stop to Anthropologie.  
I was pleasantly surprised by the sale section in this Anthro store.  
There were rows and rows of clothing racks and the selection was amazing.  
I tried on a few things, but only walked away with one top.

We also went to the Signature Lounge for drinks on the top of the John Hancock Building.  
We were able to take some really great pictures of the city. 

Hands down the best popcorn that I’ve ever eaten.   When you walk into Garrett Popcorn Shop, 
I got lost in the aromas of butter, cheese and caramel.  I bought the Chicago Mix and 
added some plain popcorn to the bag for something different. 

C and I in front of the “Cloud Gate” also known as “The Bean.”

SATURDAY, MAY 26, 2012



We all went on a 75-minute Chicago River Architecture tour on the Wendella Boat Tour.  

Later in the day, we made it to the Navy Pier and the Willis Tower.  


My sister and I rode the ‘L’ for the first time.  

We went to the Terrace at Trump Towers for drinks.

SUNDAY, MAY 27, 2012


We started our day off with a hearty brunch at Wishbone. I ordered the Smoked Beef Brisket Hash, 
scrambled eggs and a corn muffin.  As you can see, there was a lot of food on my plate.  I was stuffed afterwards.

My sister and I jumped for joy when we got to Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo Studios.  
This was a major highlight of my trip!


We stopped into the second Anthropologie on State Street just for fun.  
I love the fact that both of the stores there are two stories.  


We went to a rooftop party at The Wit for a couple of hours and went sailing afterwards.  
See other pictures of my sailing trip here.


Later, we danced the night away at Crimson Lounge and headed over to the House of 
Blues to check out some of the International Mr. Leather events.  We had a blast!

MONDAY, MAY 28, 2012

For my last day in Chicago, we went to the Art Institute of Chicago for a few hours.


Buckingham Fountain


I spotted out Sprinkles Cupcakes across from the mall and told the ladies that we had to try one.  
I didn’t have to convince them one bit. This was the last stop on our Chicago trip.  
C and I brought our cupcakes with us to the airport.  I got the black and white one 
and C and M go the red velvet.  These cupcakes were a delicious ending to a perfect weekend!

Thanks for reading! 
xoxo Natasha

10 comments:

  1. How fun! That looks like a great trip. I've been to Chicago a couple of times for work, but didn't have much tie to explore, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin....there were still a few things that we didn't get to do, but I definitely plan to go back for another visits.

      Delete
  2. aaaahhhhh, i love love love sprinkles!!! ;D i've never been to chicago, but i definitely want to visit someday. ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    $100 Shopbop Gift Card Giveaway -- Open internationally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Sprinkles too...I wish they had one in Florida!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a great trip, and look adorable to boot. I love Chicago too, and can't wait to go back. Thanks for sharing such great photo's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Modernmom....I can't wait to go back too!

      Delete
  4. Looks like a wonderful trip you had! I can't wait to visit Chicago one day. I totally want to check out the Buckingham Fountain for myself! I'm always reminded of the show "Married With Children" when I see that. =)
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fountain is really pretty in person. I didn't realize that it was the fountain in Married with Children, until my friend mentioned it to me. It's pretty cool!

      Delete
  5. looks like you had a great trip! so fun! chicago is such a great city... i especially love magnificent mile. so many great stores! unfortunately i never get a chance to really explore the city since I used to go for work. but i love their hotdogs - chi-dogs are a must everytime i go there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Dzung...I'll have to try the chi-dogs the next time I visit. I loved the magnificent mile, but I wish I had more money to shop!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign