Pages

Fresh Picks to Follow – Pretty in Peplum


Hiya everyone.  I’m sorry that I didn’t get a chance to post my Fresh Picks to Follow yesterday…I got a little busy last night, so here it is.  I saw an article in a magazine about how to wear peplum and I thought this would be a great topic for my post for this week.  What I learned from the article is that wearing peplum is a great way to fake an hourglass figure. Peplum is an exaggerated shape that emphasizes the hips and highlights the waist. Peplum is defined as “a short overskirt or ruffle attached at the waistline of a jacket, blouse, or dress.”  This flouncy, frilly material adds ladylike glamour to any outfit that all body types can wear.  Some tips on how to wear peplum include: wearing a slim pant or a pencil skirt with a peplum top; adding a sturdy heel to any peplum skirt or dress; and keeping the peplum skirt or dress length to above the knee to avoid looking frumpy.  Do any of you have any peplum in your wardrobe?  Is this a look that you plan to wear this Spring?  Here are my top 10 ways to work peplum into your closet right now.


1. Jason Wu - Belted Peplum Dress…$3,165.00
2. Anthropologie - Bird Of Paradise Skirt…$128.00
3. Dorothy Perkins - Brick Peplum Dress…$27.00
4. TopShop - Ribbed Peplum Bodycon Skirt…$56.00
5. Roseanna - Radio Printed Peplum Blouse…$297.50
6. Aqua Vendella - Peplum Structured Bandeau Dress…$89.53
7. Spiegel - Fitted Peplum Top…$24.00
8. Alice & Olivia - Carly Short Peplum Skirt…$198.00
9. Lorikeet - Lace Peplum Top…$52.20
10. Alice & Olivia - Victoria Peplum Dress…$264.00

xoxo Moody Girl




1 comment:

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign