Pages

Fresh Picks to Follow – Animal Farm


Happy Friday everyone!  I hope that you all have a great weekend planned for yourselves. I’m so excited for this weekend because I don’t have to go to work on Monday.  Are any of you off from work this Monday?  I’m really looking forward to getting some sleep this weekend.  I always feel like I’m playing catch up each weekend.  I also plan to run a 10k tomorrow morning.  It’s supposed to be about 40 degrees when I wake up, so wish me luck.  I’m seriously going to freeze.  I plan to finally tinker with my new camera/take some pictures. 

Over the years, I’m sure that most of you have noticed that several retailers have focused on selling a variety of animal prints for the fall/winter season.  Of course, we are all familiar with the typical leopard, snakeskin, zebra and sometime cow prints on many articles of clothing and accessories.  I personally love theses look and own many pieces.  However, I’m not sure about how I feel about the actual animals displayed all over my clothes.  I looked over my wardrobe and I realized that I don’t have many pieces besides the occasional bird or butterfly motifs on my clothes.  I remember several years ago that J. Crew had embroidered critters on their chino shorts/pants, belts and polo’s.  And I wasn’t sure about the critter-wear look either. 

Anyways, I went to Anthropologie after work today and noticed that my store still has a number of the Fire Ants Maxi Dress for sale.  I just wondered how many people out there own this dress or any of the many other animal prints out there.  What are your thoughts about this trend?  Do you have some clothing covered in animals?  What’s your favorite piece?  Here are 10 critter friendly ideas for the ladies that love their clothing printed with animals.

1. Charlotte Taylor - Penguin Print Skirt…$252.00
2. Forever 21 - Owl-Over French Terry Top…$17.80
3. Old Navy - Bow-Back Animal Print Top…$34.94
4. Sass and Bide - Music & Color Print Skirt…$550.00
5. Anthropologie - Dromedary Dress…$79.95
6. ModCloth - All Quail These Tights…$35.99
7. Anthropologie - Tarpan Buttondown…$49.95
8. Anthropologie - Draped Snail Tank…$128.00
9. ModCloth - Pony Tales Top…$42.99
10. ModCloth - Cats the Ticket Dress…$49.99

xoxo Moody Girl

3 comments:

  1. I loved this post! It's so amazing how many animal prints are out this year...I mean, they're everywhere, but you def picked out some of the best ones! =)
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Dromedary dress. I have not worn it yet but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I've got Animal Farm bad! I own the Dromedary dress, the Stilt Strider's skirt with flamingo's, the Draped Snail top above in blue, the Penguin blouse, and other non-Anthropologie items with foxes, birds, you name it! For me it's not a trend, it's what I love so when designer's began offering colorful animals, I bit!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign