Pages

Race Recap: Stadium Run

Hiya everyone!  Last night I ran in a football stadium to help raise money for the local athletic programs. The local school board made the decision to cut the funding of some high school sports programs, including cross country.  These sports programs will only survive if the community supports them.  Are any of the school districts experiencing this in your local hometowns?

Have you ever ran in a football stadium before?  I did it in high school and it was torture because my track team ran the stairs - often.  So, imagine my fear when my running partner told me about this race.   I immediately said heck no.  When I finally read the details, I was happy to find out that there were no stairs involved, BUT there were ramps. I figured that I could deal with that. 

Here were the race details: it started around the practice field and stadium.  We then went up all seven ramps of the stadium to the top and down four ramps to the mezzanine level.  We then went around the stadium again and back up four ramps to the top and down all seven ramps to the field.  We then ran a loop around the field and then exited to the finish line.  It was a brutal race, but pretty fun.  When we went out to the field, all of the monitors were playing football highlights…I loved it. 

There were 1384 total race finishers and 712 female finishers.   I came in 15th in my age group and I was the 117th female finisher overall.  My official chip time was 28:42.  The race was great and I was pretty pleased with my time and stats.  I was also happy to learn today that the race organizers were able to raise the money required to save the running programs in the local schools with the help of the running community.  I’m so glad to know that I live in a supportive city.

xoxo Natasha

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how amazing of you! You did great- congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign