Pages

Race Recap: 3 Races in 24 Hours

Hiya ladies!  I hope that you all are having a great week so far.  I didn’t have a chance to post my recap about my races from this past weekend.   On Friday and Saturday, I ran in the Tour de Pain which consisted of 3 races in 24 hours.  This was a very unique event. The series starts with a 4 mile beach run on Friday evening, continues with a 5K road race Saturday morning and finishes with a 1 Mile Sizzler on Saturday evening!  This race was probably the craziest race I ever entered in.  I thought it would be fun and I really wanted to challenge myself a little bit more. 

In the extreme heat, over 1,000 people started the first race on Friday night running 4 miles on the beach.  I honestly don’t remember how hot it was that day, but it was hot and humid.  It started to cool down once the race started at 7:00pm, but the humidity really zapped the life out of me.  There were 1,009 total race finishers and 519 female finishers.   I came in 27th in my age group and I was the 205th female finisher overall.  My official chip time was 40:59.  I was pretty happy with my stats considering how hot it was during the race.  I didn’t run as fast I wanted to run, but it was the first race.  And I had time to make up the difference with the other races.  This race was pretty tough.  It took me a couple of days to recover since I was so sore.  Something happened to my body after the beach run.  I just hurt all over.

Very humid - even at 6:45am
The next race started at 7:00am on Saturday morning.  This race was a 5k through a quiet neighborhood.  This race was particularly special to me because my mother ran her first race with me.  I didn’t think that she was going to run the whole thing, but she did it. I’m so proud of her…Go Mom!  The 5k was pretty easy because of the flat route.  In this race there were 1,023 total race finishers and 527 female finishers.   I came in 26th in my age group and I was the 183rd female finisher overall.  My official chip time was 28:59.  I was a little disappointed in my stats here because I ran this course in a previous race and I had a better chip time.

The final race was on Saturday evening at 4:30pm and the title of this race was the 1 mile sizzler.  And boy was it a sizzler.  It was so hot outside that the weather really felt like it you were in a sauna.  I went to the race location with sunscreen on my body and my sweat started taking it off before I even started running.   My mom was still pretty amped up from the race in the morning so, she decided to participate in the 1 mile race.  She’s such a trooper. She motivated to run in more races with me in the near future.  Anyways, I ran my hardest during this race because I figured it would be quick and easy.  There were 956 total race finishers and 480 female finishers.   I came in 30th in my age group and I was the 197th female finisher overall.  My official chip time in this race was 8:12.6.

Overall, I would run in this race again.  It was a fun challenge and I would like to improve my stats next year.
OXOX Natasha

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you & your mother had a great time despite the heat! I can't even begin to imagine what it felt like with all of the humidity over there in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JC...we did have a great time. My mom even caught the running bug. Hopefully, we can run in more races together when the weather gets cooler.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign