Pages

OOTD: The Gingham Experience

What do you think of when you think about the gingham pattern? A picnic table, towels, school uniforms or baby clothes? I usually think about summer and backyard barbeques.  I was inspired to add gingham to my wardrobe after seeing Lisa, from Respect the Shoes, showcase several shirts on her blog.  I bought my first gingham shirt a couple weeks ago from Old Navy and I wore it last Friday.  I love this shirt so much that I bought two of them - one in yellow and the other in blue.   This top is super lightweight and a little see through.  If you decide to buy this specific shirt, you may want to wear a tank top underneath it.   The only thing about the shirt that I would change is the fit through the body.  As I mentioned yesterday (here), I wish the shirt was a little more form fitting.  The cut is a little boxy for my taste but it will do for now.  What do you think of gingham? Love it or hate it? Do you have any gingham shirts?  Let me know!

Shirt: Old Navy Printed Roll-Up Camp Shirt
Tank Top: Old Navy Shelf-Bra Cami
Belt: Banana Republic Skinny Belt (old)
Skirt: Anthropologie Circle the Globe Skirt
Shoes: Gianni Bini Metallic Woven Flats (old)
OXOX Natasha

5 comments:

  1. I've developed a fondness for gingham over the years. They used to remind me of country music singers...haha.
    Your gingham skirt looks great with the navy skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ sorry i mean gingham shirt not skirt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any gingham shirts, but after seeing you and Lisa look great in them, I tempted to buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the bloggy shoutout! Once you start with the gingham, you're going to want them in all colors .... they're like Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vintageglammz – Thanks so much for the compliment. I was told by a co-worker that I looked like a farmer. I told her that I think that I make farming look good!

    JulieJ - You should get one shirt and see how you like it. The price point at Old Navy is perfect for experimenting.

    Lisa - I hear ya...I want to get a red and white gingham shirt now.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign