Pages

Race Recap: Marty’s Run 5k

I ran in the Marty’s 5k Run on May 14th and I had a great time.  It was a gorgeous day for a race.  The Marty’s Run benefited Memories of Love, which is a non-profit organization for families whose parents are battling a life-threatening illness.  Check out the website if you want to learn more about this great organization.  The weather was pretty warm that morning, but it was not unbearable.  The race itself was just okay - the course was very simple because the road was flat the whole way and it went through a cute little neighborhood. 

I’m not sure where I finished overall because the race officials split the result between men and women.  There were 346 total race finishers and 199 female finishers.   I came in 4th in my age group and I was the 36th female finisher overall.  My official chip time was 28:12.  I was a little disappointed about my stats since I wanted my time to decrease from the previous race.  It just goes to show you that no matter what kind of 5k race you run in, there are no two 5ks that are the same.  There are so many factors that can impact the outcome of a race, like the weather, how much rest you had the night before, sneakers, playlist/music.  This list can go on and on.  This race in particular, I ran too fast for the first 2 miles and just gave out during the 3rd mile.  I realized after this race that I need to work on my pacing over the next few weeks.
OXOX Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign