Pages

Fitness: A Couple of 5k Races – My Recap

I’ve been in a couple of 5k races over the past few weeks and I didn’t have a chance to post my progress. 

The first race that I completed was an early evening race that started at 6:30pm on April 21, 2011.   The weather was a balmy 92 degrees and very humid.  Overall, the race was fun and the race course was pretty simple – it was mostly a flat surface.   However, there wasn’t any cold water to drink until the end of the race.  During the race, there was only warm water after 1.50 miles…it was miserable.  Despite the water mishap, I finished 289 overall and my time was 30:57.  I was pretty happy about my stats considering the weather and lack of water.  There were 2996 total race finishers and 1668 female finishers.  

The next race that I completed went much better than the last one.  I improved my time, my pace and I even won an award.   This particular race was designed for women only, but there were a handful of men that ended up participating.  Anyways, I woke up pretty early on April 30, 2011 to meet my running partner at 8:00am.  I was able to make myself a small protein smoothie that kept me energized throughout the race.  The race started at 8:30am and to my surprise I finished 31st overall out of 270 total race finishers.  My time improved to 27:57 and I also came in first place in my age group.

I plan to enter another race this Saturday and I’m hoping that my time improves again – so, we’ll see.

OXOX Natasha

2 comments:

  1. That's great!! keep pushing it! I'm running my first half marathon in a few weeks...I'm trying my hardest to whittle down my time like you. Cheers!

    -Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Tami...I'm sure you'll do a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign