Pages

Moody Girl Eats: Ginger and Cilantro Baked Tilapia

I'm proud to say that I cooked twice this week.  I made tacos on Sunday, which wasn’t anything fancy.  I just used the normal taco seasoning packet from Taco Bell.  And today I made this delicious tilapia meal.  I wanted to make a fish dish for tomorrow because of the Lenten season.  I bought a couple bags of frozen tilapia, so I’ll be very creative over the next few weeks.  I found this recipe on Kitchn and I knew I had to make it.  It’s a really simple recipe with some exotic flavors.  Here is the recipe below along with some pictures that I took along the process.  I really enjoyed making and eating this dish and I would definitely make it again.  Bon Appétit!

**I may have used a little more soy sauce than the recipe calls for, so that’s why my sauce looks a little darker.  I served the fish over jasmine rice and it was amazing.  I will make this again in the near future. 

Ginger and Cilantro Baked Tilapia
serves 2, or 1 with leftovers for lunch

2 large tilapia fillets (or similar thin white fish) - about 3/4 lb
1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
3 garlic cloves
1 inch grated ginger (1 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup white wine
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
Scallions, chopped for garnish
Extra cilantro, to garnish

Heat the oven to 475F. Pat the fish dry and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place in a glass baking dish.

Chop the pepper and garlic, and grate the ginger. Put in a small food processor with the soy sauce, white wine, sesame oil, and cilantro. Whir until blended. Pour the sauce over the fish, rubbing it in a little. Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily and is cooked through. It will be very moist and gelatinous, still.

Serve immediately over rice, garnished with scallions and cilantro.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Natasha,
    I'm a new follower and love your blog.

    This dish sounds simple and tasty so I'm going to give it a try... I will let you know how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following and I really hope that you enjoy the recipe. I would love to know how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the dish the other night, it was soooo easy and was superb!
    I did leave the fish in the oven for 20 minutes (not 8 min. which the recipe states).
    I will definitely be making it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you liked it. I left my fish longer than the 8 minutes too...I'm going to change the baking time.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign