Pages

miscellany monday

happy monday ladies – i’ve added my random ramblings to carissa’s miscellany monday party!  check out carissa’s blog here and join in on the fun. 

{one} happy valentine’s day. the poem, “i carry your heart with me,” by e. e. cummings has been one of my favorite love poems for many years.  it always brings a tear to my eye whenever i hear it.  the poem has gained renewed interest since being featured in the film, “in her shoes.”  this poem is often a favorite selection at weddings and is a perfect poem to give to your sweetie, family or bff on valentine’s day.   check out this beautiful letterpress version of the poem by satsuma press – this is a great gift idea.   

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
 e e cummings

{two} yours from this day forward.  i’m so happy to announce that bhldn has  finally debuted today.  i had a chance to review the wedding gowns and dresses and i’m in love.  for more details about the new company please check out anthroholic’s blog. she was one of several lucky bloggers that had an exclusive sneak peak  of the collection last week.  here are a few of my favorites from the website.


{three} candy.  what’s your favorite valentine’s day candy?  i have always loved anything chocolate:  chocolate covered strawberries,  pecan clusters,  and chocolate covered almonds to name a few.  i recently had the pleasure of trying some chocolate covered popcorn and graham crackers from peterbrook chocolatier…and it was pretty amazing!  check out the website for wonderful gift ideas for upcoming events.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about BHLDN!!! I have enjoyed reading all of Kim's posts.

    ps - my favorite candy = skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...I'm so happy that Kim shared her experience with us. It makes me feel like I was there...just a little bit.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign