Pages

DIY: Knitting 101

I taught myself to knit in 2005 with the help of a couple knitting books and online videos.  I decided that I wanted to expand my blog and share my needlework with all of you.   I thought that this would be a fun way to let people know what I’m working on.  I enjoy using all sorts of knitting and sewing tools, patterns, and yarns.  I also enjoy the process of creating handmade items that create style, comfort, and warmth for both the home and individuals.

Unfortunately, I only know how to make scarves and baby blankets.  I currently consider myself a knitting novice.  Even though I started this hobby a few years ago, I stopped knitting for about 3 years when I went to graduate school.  I have started many projects, but I haven’t finished them.  My hope is to learn more difficult knitting techniques and finish the projects that I previously started.  I also hope to inspire other women to start a new craft.  I plan on letting you all know about some of the projects that I’m working on and then post my finished projects for you all to see.


I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I was knitting a scarf for my sister as one of her Christmas presents.  However, I didn’t get it finished in time.  In fact, I’m kind of still working on it.  I’m using my last ball of yarn, so I should be able to post the finished product real soon.  In the meantime, here is a picture of what it’s supposed to look like.

Please check out the “Do It Yourself” page for video links if you are interested in learning how to knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ MOODY GIRL IN STYLE. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign